If you’re breastfeeding, you may have Googled “how to use fenugreek for milk supply”. Well, we’re gonna let you in on a little secret... Make cookies! Wanna increase your milk supply and indulge in a delicious cookie? Perfect! We have compiled a list of three cookie recipes that not only help increase breast milk, but are a delicious treat for any time of day. We’ve even included a no bake lactation cookies recipe that is vegan & gluten-free. You aren’t gonna want to miss out on this one, Mama. So wash your hands, preheat your ovens, it’s time for The Spoiled Mama bake-off!
ic: fenugreek and chocolate chip lactation cookies
How to make no bake lactation cookies & other yummy treats to increase milk supply!
Oatmeal Raisin’ Milk Cookies
Oatmeal raisin cookies have always been a classic in my book. These delicious cookies are full of ingredients like oats and brewer’s yeast that help increase your milk supply. Oats are rich in iron which is essential for breastfeeding mothers. Brewer’s yeast is packed with vitamin B, protein, and other minerals that are a must for all Mamas.
Top Tip: Not a fan of raisins? Swap them out for dried cranberries or even chocolate chips. I’ll never tell..
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 4 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups of thick-cut oats
- 1 cup of raisins (or chocolate chips 🤫)
- 4 tbsp of brewer’s yeast
- 9 fenugreek capsules
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix flaxseed meal and water, set aside. Sift together dry ingredients (flour, brewer’s yeast, salt, soda and fenugreek), set aside.
- Blend butter and sugars well. Blend in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in flaxseed mix & vanilla, mix well.
- Add dry mixture in three equal parts. Stir in oats and raisins/chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto a baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Blueberry Breastmilk Cookies
A cookie that not only tastes good, but is also chock-full of antioxidants, and has milk supply increasing powers! What more can a Mama ask for? (Well, besides 8 hours of sleep a night). And if you’re like me and love to dip your cookies in tea. You have to try these treats with organic raspberry leaf lactation tea. These two are the perfect combo for a pre-pumping pick me up.
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp ground fenugreek seed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, mix together wet ingredients, melted coconut oil, eggs, coconut sugar, mashed banana, plus vanilla & almond extracts until smooth and creamy.
- Next stir in flaxseed meal, chia seeds, oats, almond flour, baking soda, fenugreek seed and salt. Mix until a thick dough forms.
- Lastly, stir in blueberries and walnuts.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out dough then roll into a tight ball. Place each dough ball onto the baking sheet and gently press down on the dough to flatten.
- Bake for 13 to16 minutes (edges should be golden brown)
- Allow cookies to cool for 15 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet.
No-Fuss No Bake Lactation Cookies (Vegan & Gluten-free)
Refuse to turn on your oven during this summer heat, but you NEED something sweet? Look no further, Mama! These no bake lactation cookies are the best treat to satisfy your sweet tooth and get your milk flowing. These are super easy to make and store well in your fridge for whenever you need them!
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or any nut butter
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup brewer's yeast
- 5 fenugreek capsules
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (or regular milk chocolate, whichever tickles your fancy!)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Add maple syrup, coconut oil, and peanut butter to a food processor. Then add in dates and blend until chopped.
- Add in oatmeal, flaxseed, chia seeds, brewer's yeast.
- Break fenugreek capsules and add in powder.
- Add in chocolate chips, cinnamon, and vanilla. Pulse to blend until mixed and the dough pulls together.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form them into drop-sized cookies.
- You can eat them right away, but for best results, place in a sealed container & chill overnight.
Now that you know how to use fenugreek for milk supply, tell us your own recipes in the comments below! Cookies not your thing, Mama? Then this tea-based mocktail is a must for you! It’s rich in nutrients from organic blessed thistle and organic fenugreek seed that help increase milk production. Check out our Mo’ Milk Mojito recipe here!