This week, while everyone is busy swapping Thanksgiving recipes, we wanted to share a yummy, easy body scrub recipe that will invigorate your senses and buff away that dry fall/winter skin!
As big supporters of natural living and DIY beauty recipes, we especially love this "Get Perky Coffee Ground Scrub" because it utilizes ingredients right in your pantry. In fact, our bestselling pregnancy oil and tummy butter originally started out as kitchen concoctions many years ago!
This coffee scrub benefits are plentiful: using freshly ground coffee and brown sugar, your skin will be oh-so-soft from dual exfoliation. According to natural beauty lovers, coffee grounds can help tighten skin, while diminishing the look of cellulite. The brown sugar adds glycolic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid that helps maintain healthy and moisturized skin. Meanwhile, vitamin E and sweet almond oil nourishes dry skin to keep itchy baby bumps at bay.
A perfect cure for "pregnancy brain," this all-natural coffee scrub makes great baby shower gifts or an add-on to any pregnancy gift basket. Let's get scrubbin'!
Get Perky Coffee Ground Scrub Recipe
2 cups organic raw brown sugar
5 tablespoons freshly ground coffee
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
8 tablespoons sweet almond oil
2 tablespoons vitamin E oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
clean, empty jars with lids for storage
1) Have all your ingredients gathered in a clean environment, away from pet dander or children. If giving away as gifts, take the extra precaution to tie up your hair and use rubber gloves.
2) In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, oils and vitamin E with spatula. Make sure oil is fully incorporated.
3) Add coffee grounds and mix until evenly distributed.
4) Add vanilla and incorporate well.
5) Before oil begins rising to the top, scoop sugar scrub into clean, dry plastic or glass jars. Make sure jar opening is large enough to scoop scrub out with fingers. Close tightly with lid and voila! your scrub is ready!
If you notice oils rising to the top, don't worry: it's completely natural. Just swirl the mixture with a clean, dry finger or spoon before use. If you don't like getting your hands dirty, check out The Spoiled Mama's bestselling stretch mark scrub, formulated to treat dry, itchy belly bumps and increasing elasticity.
Have you made a sugar scrub at home before? What are some of your favorite DIY beauty recipes? Share below!