Since our business began in our own humble kitchen, we've got a ton of fun DIY skin care recipes you can easily recreate in your home. Here's a simplified version of one of our bestselling original sugar scrubs: Oatmeal Honey Almond.
This scrub will make you smell like a bakery (delicious!), but feed your skin with natural AHAs and help it retain moisture. The graininess of the turbinado sugar is perfect for relieving itchiness in pregnancy, especially if you're suffering from a pregnancy itchy belly. Instead of furiously clawing at your skin (which can lead to stretch marks), try using this gentle scrub in your daily shower...it'll make a world of difference!
Oatmeal Honey Almond Sugar Scrub
Adapted from The Spoiled Mama's bestselling original scrub
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup turbinado or cane sugar
- 1/4 cup finely ground dry oats
- 1T granulated honey powder (preferred), or honey
- 1T finely ground almonds
- 1/2 cup oil of your choosing (plus more, if needed)
- Safe to use on face, children and helps with Keratosis pilaris
- Pregnancy safe! Especially good for itchiness in pregnancy and helping prevent stretch marks
- Avoid getting water into the scrub, which will dissolve the sugar
- Use organic ingredients, when available
- Apply scrub in circular motion to promote blood flow & decrease possibility of stretch marks
- The oils may make your tub slippery, so please be careful!
If you try this recipe, leave a comment below and let us know how it turns out! And don't forget to check out our newest bestselling sugar scrub for stretch marks.