At The Spoiled Mama HQ, our kitchen is stock high with oodles of tea: from matcha to chai and breakfast mixes, we just can't get enough of the stuff...until happy hour begins, of course!
January is National Hot Tea Month, so we wanted to make a toast to one of our favorite drinks. Here are 8 reasons why every Mama should incorporate a cuppa to your daily routine.
- For postpartum weight loss, tea can boost exercise endurance. Catechins found in green tea extract helps your body burn fat as fuel, particularly in the belly region that so many postpartum Mamas struggle with.
- Antioxidants found in tea may help protect against cancers in women, such as breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
- Though the caffeine in tea makes it a diuretic, it is much more mild than coffee. The British Dietetic Association has suggested that tea can be used to supplement normal water consumption, which can make it easier for pregnant & breastfeeding women to get the extra cups of water they need daily.
- Forgot the sunscreen? Duck into the closest cafe for a cup of green tea! Studies show green tea may help protect skin from the sun's damaging ultraviolet rays.
- Got pregnancy brain? Polyphenols found in green tea may help improve your memory and learning, while helping you relax and concentrate.
- For centuries, people have used herbal teas for medicinal purposes like aiding digestion, boosting moods, detoxing and reducing pain and inflammation.
However, careful to self-medicate if you're pregnant or breastfeeding! Always check with your OB/GYN before drinking herbal teas for medicinal uses.
- Green tea may improve bone mineral density and bone strength, which stagnates for women between age 30-50, but then rapidly depletes.
- Drinking black tea every day may reduce plaque build-up and control bacteria, while green tea has been shown to help blast cavities.
- Free tea ball strainer with your order of a morning sickness tea: happyam16
- Free tea ball strainer with your order of a third trimester tea: 3tritea16
- Free tea ball strainer with your order of a breastfeeding tea: mlkpls16
Which type of tea is your favorite? How do you like to enjoy your brew? Share below!
* Free tea ball strainer with every order of a Spoiled Mama herbal tea. One per order, while supplies last. Offer expires Jan. 31, 2016. Does not apply to previous purchases. Other restrictions may apply. Only at www.thespoiledmama.com